[Adass-announce] GoogleSky and World Wide Telescope Tutorial Session

Alberto Conti aconti at stsci.edu
Wed Sep 17 10:27:33 MST 2008

Are you attending or planning on attending ADASS 2008 XVIII on Nov 2-5
in Quebec City?
If so, please consider attending the Tutorial session on GoogleSky and
the World Wide Telescope on Sunday Nov 2nd. For an agenda and the full
ADASS XVIII program go to http://adass2008.artisan.net

Rob Seaman (NOAO) and I (STScI) will chair the Sunday session where
Google and Microsoft representatives will showcase GoogleSky and the
World Wide Telescope (WWT) respectively.

The second part of the session will consist of user demos. We already
have a few speakers, but we are seeking those, among all of you, who
have developed science-enabling applications (or prototypes) using
either GoogleSky or the World Wide Telescope.

Demos will be 10min long with 3 minutes for discussion/questions.

If you are interested, please send email to me and/or Rob Seaman by
October 20th with a brief explanation of your applications/prototype.
We will gather all requests and distribute a final agenda.

Ciao,
Alberto & Rob

Dr Alberto Conti
Community Missions Office
Space Telescope Science Institute
contact | tel: 410-338-4534 | aim: wscience