[Adass-announce] Correction on ADASS 2009 announcement

Arnold Rots arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Thu May 28 13:46:13 MST 2009

Dear ADASS Friend,

There are two corrections and one addition to the announcement that
went out yesterday:

1. Themes
The third theme was most unfortunately mis-labeled.
"Virtual Astronomical Observatory (VAO)" was pasted in from an
unrelated piece of text and, to our shame, none of the POC members
noticed.
The theme should simply be:
    "The Virtual Observatory"
I want to emphasize that the LOC had no part in this and is not to blame.
It is squarely the POC's responsibility and we apologize for the
confusion this most regrettable mistake has caused.

So, the themes are:
* Time domain astronomy
* "Most dangerous" process, design & implementation errors
* The Virtual Observatory
* Reusable archive technologies
* Commonly available development environments & tools

2. Deadlines
The deadline for abstract submission should be 15 July, not 1 July.
And the deadline for financial aid applications is 1 July; it was
missing. Further information on the application process will follow,
but will be similar to that in previous years.

The deadlines are:
Deadline for Financial Aid Applications: July 1, 2009
Deadline for Oral and Poster Abstract Submission: July 15, 2009
Deadline for Demo Submission: July 15, 2009
End of Early (discounted) Registration: July 31, 2009
Deadline for BoF Submission: August 31, 2009

With apologies for the confusion and anxieties these mistakes may have
caused, I sincerely hope I got it right this time.

  - Arnold Rots
    Chair, Program Organizing Committee