[Adass-announce] ADASS XXX and COVID-19 - April 2020

ADASS announcement list adass-announce at adass.org
Wed Apr 1 14:26:21 MST 2020

Hello,

I hope that this message finds you well.  As most of you are trying to find
a new normal in those challenging times, and I suspect some of you are
directly impacted by the COVID-19 virus, the thought of ADASS in November
is surely the last of your concerns.  So I’ll make this message short.

At this time, we are assuming that the crisis will be over or under control
by November such that we can all meet in Granada, Spain to share our work
and passion.  Nevertheless, we are suspending registration until we get a
bit more clarity.

We will update you again on the status of ADASS XXX in a few weeks.

In the meantime, if you are looking for a distraction, keep your eyes on
your inbox as we are about to issue the call for tutorials and distribute
information on a new initiative to recognize our astronomy software
community.

Wishing you good health.

Kathleen Labrie, Chair
On the behalf of the ADASS Program Organizing Committee