[Adass-announce] ADASS - Submit your talks

ADASS announcement list adass-announce at adass.org
Thu Aug 13 11:24:19 MST 2020

Astronomical Data Analysis Software and Systems (ADASS) Conference Series

                              8 - 12 November 2020
                    CyberSpace posing as Granada, Spain

                                https://adass2020.es/

**********************************
*  Registration is open!              *
*                                *
*  Submit your talks by September 1st. *
**********************************

Mark your calendars for the 30th annual conference on Astronomical Data
Analysis Software and Systems (http://adass.org).  The conference will be
held on 8-12 November 2020, hosted by IRAM and IAA-CSIC.

This year we regret that we will not be able to welcome you to Granada,
Spain as planned due to the COVID-19 pandemic.  Instead, ADASS will be
hosted as a Virtual Conference.

----------------------

Important Dates:
- Early registration ends October 1, 2020
- Oral contribution - Deadline for abstract submission: September 1, 2020
- BOF proposals - Deadline for submission: September 1, 2020
- Focus Demos - Deadline for abstract submission: September 1, 2020
- Posters - Deadline for abstract submission: October 1, 2020
- Recordings of oral presentation (optional) and PDFs of poster due October
23rd, 2020

Registration fee:
- Early registration (until October 1, 2020): 50 Euros
- Late registration (after October 1, 2020):  100 Euros

Registration gives the participant access to all the activities and online
content.

----------------------

We continue working on the organizational and technical details.  We will
have invited and contributed talks, posters and lightning talks to
highlight
posters, tutorials, focus demo, and special interest meetings ("Birds of a
Feather" or BoF) in a format accessible to remote participants.

The oral presentations and discussions will be hosted via zoom.  Following
the results of our availability survey, we will program those presentations
in three 3-hour time slots each day, spread to maximize attendance.
Considerations for the time zone of the speakers will result in each
session covering more than one theme.

The time zones selected are:
- 6:00 to 9:00 UTC
- 11:00 to 14:00 UTC
- 17:00 to 20:00 UTC

Key themes for ADASS XXX are:
- Science Platforms and Data Lakes
- Cloud Computing at Different Scales
- Cross-Discipline Projects
- Multi-Messenger Astronomy
- Machine Learning, Statistics, and Algorithms
- Time-Domain Ecosystem
- Citizen Science Projects in Astronomy
- Data Processing Pipelines and Science-Ready Data
- Data Interoperability
- Open Source Software and Community Development in Astronomy

All 13 invited speakers have confirmed their participation.  The list is
posted on the conference website.

We invite you to join us for this unique ADASS meeting.  We are looking
forward to your participation and contributions.  Portals to the
registration and the abstract submission can be accessed from this
location:

   https://adass2020.es/registration/

Inquiries can be sent to adass2020 at eurocongres.es.

Program Organising Committee (POC)
   Kathleen Labrie, POC Chair (NOIRLab-Gemini)
   Stephen Gwyn, Deputy Chair (CADC)
   Mike Fitzpatrick, POC Exec (NOIRLab-CSDC)
   Christophe Arviset (ESA-ESAC)
   Pascal Ballester (ESO)
   Sébastien Derrière (CDS)
   Kimberly DuPrie (STScI)
   Jorge Ibsen (ALMA)
   Brian Kent (NRAO)
   Nuria Lorente (AAO-MQ)
   Jessica Mink (SAO)
   Fabio Pasian (INAF)
   Francesco Pierfederici (IRAM)
   Roberto Pizzo (ASTRON)
   Jose Enrique Ruiz (IAA-CSIC)
   Yuji Shirasaki (NAOJ)
   Keith Shortridge (K&V)
   Oleg Smirnov (Rhodes University + SARAO)
   Mark Taylor (Bristol)
   Russ Taylor (IDIA)
   Peter Teuben (UMD)
   Xiuqin Wu (IPAC)

Local Organizing Committee (LOC)
   Francesco Pierfederici - LOC Chair (IRAM)
   Jose Enrique Ruiz (IAA-CSIC)
   Alicia Gambetta (freelance)
   Angela Gardini (UGr)
   Enrique Brias (Eurocongres)
   Christina García Luján (Eurocongres)
   Maria Jesús Martín (Eurocongres)
   Elisabeth Casares (Eurocongres)

Best regards,

Kathleen Labrie on behalf of the ADASS POC,
Francesco Pierfederici on behalf of the LOC.