[Adass-announce] ADASS 2020 - Last Chance for Early Registration and Poster Submission

ADASS announcement list adass-announce at adass.org
Thu Sep 24 16:21:15 MST 2020

Dear Colleagues,

We'd like to remind you that the Early Registration deadline is
approaching,
on Wednesday September 30th, 23:59 CEST.  You may still register after this
deadline but at an increased cost.

                 https://adass2020.es/registration/

If you would like to submit a poster abstract and have not yet done so,
please
register your poster before October 1st, 23:59 CEST.  Once ready, the
posters are
to be uploaded as PDF.  You are also invited to upload a 2-minute video
presenting
your poster.  The deadline to upload your poster and the video is October
23rd.

For more details on all aspects of the conference please visit
https://adass2020.es

The conference is kindly sponsored by the organisations listed at
https://adass2020.es/sponsors/

-------------

Astronomical Data Analysis Software and Systems (ADASS) Conference Series

                                  8 - 12 November 2020
                      CyberSpace posing as Granada, Spain

                                   https://adass2020.es/

Mark your calendars for the 30th annual conference on Astronomical Data
Analysis Software and Systems (http://adass.org).  The conference will be
held on 8-12 November 2020, hosted by IRAM and IAA-CSIC.

This year we regret that we will not be able to welcome you to Granada,
Spain as planned due to the COVID-19 pandemic.  Instead, ADASS will be
hosted as a Virtual Conference.

Registration fee:
- Early registration (until October 1, 2020): 50 Euros
- Late registration (after October 1, 2020):  100 Euros

Registration gives the participant access to all the activities and online
content.

We continue working on the organizational and technical details.  We will
have invited and contributed talks, posters and lightning talks to
highlight
posters, tutorials, focus demo, and special interest meetings ("Birds of a
Feather" or BoF) in a format accessible to remote participants.

The oral presentations and discussions will be hosted via zoom.  Following
the results of our availability survey, we will program those presentations
in three 3-hour time slots each day, spread to maximize attendance.
Considerations for the time zone of the speakers will result in each
session covering more than one theme.

The time zones selected are:
- 6:00 to 9:00 UTC
- 11:00 to 14:00 UTC
- 17:00 to 20:00 UTC

Invited speakers:
* Samuel Farrens (CEA/COSMOS)
* Giuliano Taffoni (INAF)
* Vandana Desai (IPAC)
* Mansi Kasliwal (Caltech)
* Dmitry A. Duev (Caltech)
* Kai Polsterer (HITS)
* Matthew Graham (Caltech)
* Azalee Bostroem (UC Davis)
* Kelle Cruz( Astropy)
* Melanie Krips (IRAM)
* Eugene Magnier (Pan-STARRS)
* Pierre Fernique (CDS)
* Rebecca Smethurst (Oxford University)

Key themes for ADASS XXX are:
- Science Platforms and Data Lakes
- Cloud Computing at Different Scales
- Cross-Discipline Projects
- Multi-Messenger Astronomy
- Machine Learning, Statistics, and Algorithms
- Time-Domain Ecosystem
- Citizen Science Projects in Astronomy
- Data Processing Pipelines and Science-Ready Data
- Data Interoperability
- Open Source Software and Community Development in Astronomy

Program Organising Committee (POC)
   Kathleen Labrie, POC Chair (NSF's NOIRLab)
   Stephen Gwyn, Deputy Chair (CADC)
   Mike Fitzpatrick, POC Exec (NSF's NOIRLab)
   Christophe Arviset (ESA-ESAC)
   Pascal Ballester (ESO)
   Sébastien Derrière (CDS)
   Kimberly DuPrie (STScI)
   Jorge Ibsen (ALMA)
   Brian Kent (NRAO)
   Nuria Lorente (AAO-MQ)
   Jessica Mink (SAO)
   Fabio Pasian (INAF)
   Francesco Pierfederici (IRAM)
   Roberto Pizzo (ASTRON)
   Jose Enrique Ruiz (IAA-CSIC)
   Yuji Shirasaki (NAOJ)
   Keith Shortridge (K&V)
   Oleg Smirnov (Rhodes University + SARAO)
   Mark Taylor (Bristol)
   Russ Taylor (IDIA)
   Peter Teuben (UMD)
   Xiuqin Wu (IPAC)

Local Organizing Committee (LOC)
   Francesco Pierfederici - LOC Chair (IRAM)
   Jose Enrique Ruiz (IAA-CSIC)
   Alicia Gambetta (freelance)
   Angela Gardini (UGr)
   Enrique Brias (Eurocongres)
   Christina García Luján (Eurocongres)
   Maria Jesús Martín (Eurocongres)
   Elisabeth Casares (Eurocongres)

Best regards,

Kathleen Labrie on behalf of the ADASS POC,
Francesco Pierfederici on behalf of the LOC.