[Adass-announce] Early registration, Demo, Poster abstract deadline for ADASS XX

Arnold Rots arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Sep 10 12:31:47 MST 2010

Deadline for ADASS 2010 BOSTON :
  Early registration
  Poster abstracts
  Demos
  Focus demos
from the Announcement list; those requests were diverted to a lost place.
But we promise that we will honor any future requests.

Deadline
--------
Most importantly, please note that the deadline for early registration,
for poster abstract submission, and for (focus) demo registration is
approaching:

	Wednesday, 15 September 2010

is the last day for these submissions and registrations.

After this date the registration fee will go up and we may not be able
to honor subsequent requests.

Things to do for those who are going to register or already have
registered:

Tutorial registration
---------------------
Register for the Tutorial if you are planning to attend (there is an
extra small fee involved (as in the past) of $20.
See below for details on the tutorials.

Lodging
-------
Make your hotel reservations:
The hotel rate has been published and it came out lower than expected :-)
$154 for single, $176 for double occupancy, per night, and excluding
taxes and fees. For reservations, see:

      http://adass2010.cfa.harvard.edu/ADASS2010/Venue_Lodging/hotel_rates.html

Program
=======

Tutorials
---------
We will have two tutorials on Sunday 7 November 2010, from 13:30 till
15:30 and from 16:00 till 18:00, with the opening reception probably
starting at 19:00.
  Rob Seaman on Techniques for Time Domain Astronomy
  Igor Chilingarian on Cross-Identifying Data Resources in the VO Era
(order TBD)

BoFs
----
We will also have five BoFs:
  FITS
  IRAF and Beyond
  Astronomy Visualization for Education and Outreach
  A journal for the astronomical computing community? & Publications
  Towards HDF5: Encapsulation of Large and/or Complex Astronomical Data

Oral program
------------
The POC is currently putting the final touches on the program of Oral
Contributions. The list will be published early next week.

We are looking forward to seeing you in Boston at an exciting ADASS
Conference,

Arnold Rots
Chair, Local Organizing Committee
LOC email: adass2010 at cfa.harvard.edu

Other upcoming deadlines
Hotel Reservation Deadline: 	Oct 14
Student Registration Ends: 	Oct 15
General Registration Ends: 	Oct 15

Arnold H. Rots                                Chandra X-ray Science Center
60 Garden Street, MS 67                              fax:  +1 617 495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138                             arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu