[Adass-announce] ADASS XX: Oral Program, Abstracts, Tutorials, BoFs

Arnold Rots arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 14 14:10:50 MST 2010

ADASS XX, Boston 2010
=====================

Oral Program
============

As promised, we have now posted the talks that will be included in the
oral program. The contributed presentations accepted for the oral
program are listed at:

      http://adass2010.cfa.harvard.edu/ADASS2010/Program/orals.html

If you requested an oral presentation and yours was selected, you
should be on this list.
We had twice as many applications for the oral program as we could
accommodate. We regret that not all could be included and want to
assure you that not being selected by no means indicates a judgment of
the POC on the quality of your abstract. We just don't have enough
slots and one of the criteria used by the POC in its decision was
which contributions would benefit most from an oral presentation and
which could be well presented as a poster - in their opinion.

The program schedule is posted in preliminary form at:

      http://adass2010.cfa.harvard.edu/ADASS2010/Program/schedule.html

We expect the schedule of individual sessions to be available by the
end of the month.

Posters
=======

All oral requests that did not make it into the program have been
moved to the poster presentation category which may be found at:

      http://adass2010.cfa.harvard.edu/ADASS2010/Program/posters.html

Tutorials
=========

The tutorials may be found at:

      http://adass2010.cfa.harvard.edu/ADASS2010/Program/tutorials.html

Register for the Tutorial if you are planning to attend (there is an
small extra fee involved, as in the past, of $20) by revisiting your
registration.

Birds of a Feather
==================

The BoF sessions are listed at:

      http://adass2010.cfa.harvard.edu/ADASS2010/Program/bofs.html

Reminders
=========

Tomorrow's deadline
-------------------
Tomorrow, Wednesday 15 September 2010, is the deadline for early
registration, for poster abstract submission, and for (focus) demo
registration.
After this date the registration fee will go up and we may not be able
to honor subsequent requests.

Lodging
-------
Make your hotel reservations:
$154 for single, $176 for double occupancy, per night and excluding
taxes and fees. For reservations, see:

      http://adass2010.cfa.harvard.edu/ADASS2010/Venue_Lodging/hotel_rates.html

Other upcoming deadlines
------------------------
Hotel Reservation Deadline: 	Oct 14
Student Registration Ends: 	Oct 15
General Registration Ends: 	Oct 15

Again, our apologies if you receive two copies of this email message -
it is going to the general ADASS Announcement email list as well as to
the list of people who have already registered.

We are looking forward to seeing you in Boston at an exciting ADASS
Conference,

Arnold Rots
Chair, Local Organizing Committee
LOC email: adass2010 at cfa.harvard.edu

Arnold H. Rots                                Chandra X-ray Science Center
60 Garden Street, MS 67                              fax:  +1 617 495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138                             arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu