[Adass-announce] Help choose Key Themes for ADASS 2017

Nuria P. F. Lorente Nuria.Lorente at aao.gov.au
Tue Feb 21 21:06:43 MST 2017

Dear colleagues,

Preparations are underway for ADASS XXVII, to be held in Santiago de Chile on
22-26 October 2017.

As in previous years, we would like to invite the ADASS community to participate
in choosing the Key Themes for this year's conference, to help steer the meeting
towards the topics that you see as timely and would like to discuss.

To this end we have set up the Apgree ADASS channel to take your theme
suggestions, and also to allow you to vote on proposed themes.
You will find the question for this year's themes at:
https://app.appgree.com/#!talk/927227906403405825/2172523663247589377

If you've not already done so, you'll need to register with Apgree, after which
you'll be able to vote and propose themes. Follow the ADASS channel by clicking
on the star in the top-right of the page; then answer the question (i.e. propose
a theme) and/or vote.

The ADASS channel will also give you access to past questions (what people
proposed and how many votes they received), as well as the current question
relating to ADASS XXVII. Once you have registered you can download the Appgree
app to your phone/tablet, if you prefer that to web access.

We look forward to your participation. 39 people took part last year, and we
would like to see this number grow, to help the conference better reflect the
current interests of the community.

The poll will close at the end of the day (CET) next Tuesday, 28-Feb-2017.
Kind regards,

Nuria Lorente,
ADASS POC Chair

--
Nuria P. F. Lorente
Senior Astronomy Instrumentation Software & Systems Engineer

e: nuria.lorente at aao.gov.au
t: +61 2 9372 4897
w: http://www.aao.gov.au