[Adass-announce] ADASS - Call for Tutorials

ADASS announcement list adass-announce at adass.org
Fri Mar 19 12:57:45 MST 2021

Dear Colleagues,

As preparations continue for ADASS XXXI, to be hosted in Cape Town, South
Africa on 24-28 October 2021, we invite you to consider offering your
colleagues a tutorial session.

ADASS tutorials are hands-on sessions actively engaging the participants
and teaching them new skills.

The deadline for the submission of letters of intent for tutorial
presentations at ADASS XXXI is April 16th, 2021.

If you are interested in giving a tutorial at this year’s ADASS we invite
you to submit a letter of intent describing your tutorial. Proposals
selected in this first round will then be asked to submit a full tutorial
plan by July 2nd for final selection.

Instructions on what to include in your letter of intent, a description of
the selection process, and the submission link can be found on the
Tutorials Instructions page at http://www.adass2021.ac.za/tutorials/.

The letter of intent must include:
* Working title for the tutorial
* Description of the main topic
* Primary learning objectives
* Coarse tutorial structure

We look forward to receiving your tutorial proposals.
Best regards,

Kathleen Labrie on behalf of the ADASS POC,
Oleg Smirnov and Russ Taylor on behalf of the ADASS XXXI LOC.