[Adass-announce] ADASS Call for Tutorials

ADASS announcement list adass-announce at adass.org
Sun Mar 20 08:07:09 MST 2022

Dear Colleagues,

As preparations continue for ADASS XXXII, to be hosted by CADC, Victoria and the University of Toronto on 31 October-4 November, the ADASS Program Organizing Committee (POC) invites you to consider offering your colleagues a tutorial session.

ADASS tutorials are hands-on sessions actively engaging the participants and teaching them new skills.

The deadline for the submission of letters of intent for tutorial presentations at ADASS XXXII is April 22nd, 2022.

If you are interested in giving a tutorial at this year’s ADASS we invite you to submit a letter of intent describing your tutorial. Proposals selected in this first round will then be asked to submit a full tutorial plan by July 8th for final selection.

Please note that again this year, the ADASS Meeting will be held in a completely virtual format.

Instructions on what to include in your letter of intent and a description of
the selection process can be found in this document:

 https://www.adass.org/2022_ADASS_Tutorial_Selection_Process.pdf

The letter of intent must include:
* Working title for the tutorial
* Description of the main topic
* Primary learning objectives
* Coarse tutorial structure

Please send your letter of intent to Kathleen Labrie at kathleen.labrie at noirlab.edu.

A reminder that the deadline for this phase is April 22nd, 2022.

We look forward to receiving your tutorial proposals.
Best regards,

Kathleen Labrie on behalf of the ADASS POC,
Stephen Gwyn on behalf of the ADASS XXXII LOC.