[Adass-announce] ADASS 2nd announcement (with proper links) + Poster

Carlos Gabriel carlos.gabriel at sciops.esa.int
Thu Jun 11 04:52:04 MST 2015

SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT: ADASS XXV

2015 ASTRONOMICAL DATA ANALYSIS SOFTWARE AND SYSTEMS
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 25th-29th October 2015

***Registration is now open
***Abstract deadline 1 July 2015
***Register at http://caastro.org/event/2015-adass

The conference will be held from 25-29 October 2015 at Rydges World Square, Sydney, Australia.  The hosts of ADASS XXV will be ARC Centre of Excellence for All-sky Astrophysics (CAASTRO).

This annual conference, held in a different location each year, is a forum for scientists, developers and programmers working in areas related to algorithms, software and systems for the acquisition, reduction, analysis, and dissemination of astronomical data.

The ADASS XXV program will include invited talks, contributed papers, display sessions, tutorials, computer demonstrations, and special interest ("Birds of a Feather" or BoF) meetings.

The International Virtual Observatory Alliance will follow ADASS from the 30 October -2 November at 44-70 Rosehill Street, Redfern.

KEY THEMES FOR ADASS XXV ARE:
Knowledge discovery and data management tools for astronomical Big Data
LSST and lessons learned from current programs
Algorithms for astronomical data reduction
Real-time processing
Visualization and innovative user interfaces
Data pipelines

INVITED SPEAKERS
Alessandra Aloisi, Space Telescope Institute
Tamas Budavari, Johns Hopkins
Ann Marie Cody, Caltech
Tim Cornwell, CSIRO
Hugh Durrant-Whyte, University of Sydney
Ian Evans, SAO/CXC
Ian Heywood, University of Oxford
Mario Juric, University of Washington
Sarah Kendrew, University of Oxford
Jamie Kinney, Amazon Web Services
Brian Schmidt, Australian National University
Mike Wise, ASTRON
Xiuqin Wu, Caltech

CONFERENCE FEES (including GST)
Early Bird Registration Fee:    $AUS 350.00
Registration Fee:                     $AUS 450.00
Student Registration Fee:       $AUS 250.00

Focus Demo Fee:                     $AUS 200.00
Demo Booth Fee:                    $AUS   75.00 (Organisational fee)
Demo Booth Fee                     $AUS 300.00 (Company fee)
Conference Dinner Fee:          $AUS 100.00 (the Conference dinner will be held at Luna Park)
Conference Proceedings:        $AUS   50.00 (printed version)

DATES
·         Abstract deadline 1 July 2015
·         Early Bird Registration deadline 1 September 2015
·         Final Program September 2015
·         Registration Closes 15 October 2015

ACCOMMODATION
We have booked a block of rooms for workshop participants at the Rydges World Square, which is also the conference venue. We encourage you to take advantage of the special rate we have secured for conference participants. The conference rate for rooms is AUD$185 (Deluxe King/Twin) room only. Rydges World Square also offers larger room types (subject to availability) and these can also be booked directly with the hotel.  A daily Buffet Breakfast is available at AUD$18.

To make an accommodation reservation:
Accommodation bookings are now open.  Please follow this accommodation bookings link to be redirected to the Rydges World Square booking site.  Please note that all bookings must be guaranteed by credit card at time of booking and full payment will be required at final checkout.

CHILDCARE
Childcare will be available for infants and pre-schoolers (0-5 years) in a mini-crèche with an experienced childcare worker.  Older children are most welcome to attend the sessions, however please ensure they have a quiet activity to keep them occupied.  We will also provide information about what to do in Sydney with children on request.  Please contact Kylie Williams if you have any questions.

OBSERVATORY TOUR
CAASTRO are offering an optional side tour to Siding Spring Observatory and Parkes Radio Telescope.  The tour will take place Friday 30 October to Sunday 1 November.  The cost will be dependent on numbers attending but will be approximately $AUS500/person.  This will be a fantastic opportunity to not only visit two of Australia’s premier telescopes but also an opportunity to see some of the iconic Australian bush.  For more information please review the tour information here.

VISA INFORMATION
All travellers other than Australian and New Zealand citizens need a valid visa or authority to enter Australia (including electronic visas).  More information here or Department of Immigration Fact Sheet for Travellers. Please contact the organisers if you need a letter of invitation for your visa application.  For some nationalities, processing and issuance of visas can take several weeks/months, so apply well before your planned travel.

PROGRAM ORGANISING COMMITTEE (POC)
-          Pascal Ballester (ESO)
-          Sebastien Derriere (CSA/France)
-          Daniel Durand (CADC)
-          Carlos Gabriel, POC Chair (ESA-ESAC)
-          Tony Krueger (STScI)
-          Jim Lewis (IoA)
-          Nuria Lorente (AAO)
-          Ray Plante (NCSA)
-          Arnold Rots (SAO)
-          Keith Shortridge (AAO)
-          Betty Stobie (NOAO)
-          Tadafumi Takata (NAOJ)
-          Harry Teplitz (IPAC/Caltech)
-          Kate Gunn, Co-Chair (CAASTRO/USYD)
-          Kylie Williams, Co-Chair CAASTRO/USYD)
-          Randall Wayth, (CAASTRO/Curtin)

--

--

content is not permitted.